Thursday, November 6, 2008

Creamy Pesto Gnocchi w/ Green Beans & Ricotta

I made this on Monday...only to find out that my brand new pesto was already "bad". So I made my own (see Better Homes & Gardens quick recipe - so easy and so much better than bought).

Start to Finish - 20 minutes! Serves 4

Ingredients
1lb of gnocchi (standard package @ your grocery store).
Kosher salt & pepper
1/2lb green beans (about 2 cups & I used TJ's frozen french cut beans - yum! and very cost effective, once again, b/c you have about 4+ meals w/ the rest of the package).
1 8oz container of pesto (about 1C)
1/4C heavy cream
3/4C ricotta

Directions
  1. Cook gnocchi according to package directions. Drain, return to pot
  2. Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to a biol and add 1t salt.
  3. Add green beans and cook until tender (make sure they're green, if they start changing color (more muted) they're over-cooked); about 3-4 minutes; drain.
  4. Add pesto & cream to gnocchi and cook over medium heat, stirring until heated through (2-3min).
  5. Divide among bowls; top w/ green beans, a scoop of ricotta and 1/4 pepper. Fresh parmesan is always great too.

1 comments:

Jason & Nichole Presley said...

I made this tonight and it is very yummy. Defintley new to gnocchi, but its a keeper. Although I recommend doubling the amount of gnocchi especially if you have a five person family or you are a "lazy" wife like I am and don't want to wake up at 4:30 the next morning to make your construction worker husband a lunch. (ie: left overs). So yea, next time I will double the gnocchi and keep the other ingredients the same amount. I thought the whole 8 oz of pesto was a little much for my taste so i used half that. I give it 4/5 stars.