Saturday, June 26, 2010

Peach Cobbler

I am horrible about measuring. I usually just "eye" things. So this is as close as I can guesstimate what my portions were and it turned out amazing! {It was the first time I've ever made this, so maybe my taste buds were a bit biased.) My favorite part was that the prep was 5 minutes! It can bake while we're eating dinner or in the middle of the day while working.

*You can adjust recipe depending on how many peaches you have and how large they are. I used medium sized peaches with this amount; dry mixture could have been a tad less.

5 Peaches
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 TB lemon juice (or a 1/2 lemon squeezed; watch out! for seeds)
1/4 to 1/2 c water (may want to "eye" this depending on how big your peaches are; surely you don't want it too watery)
1/2 c firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 c white sugar
3/4 c flour
3/4 c oatmeal
1/2 cube cold butter

1. peel and slice peaches into bowl, add spices, lemon juice & water. toss.
2. put in buttered round pie tin (or 9x9 pan).
3. mix sugars & flour in separate bowl.
4. cut in cold butter. sprinkle over fruit until covered. {if you have dry mixture left over, then adjust recipe next time to how many peaches you have & their size}
5. bake @ 350 for 45 minutes (check at 1/2 hour)

0 comments: