Monday, January 25, 2010

Captain's Chicken by J. Peters Robinson

she says "I used chicken tenderloins because I bought them by mistake and cooked about 8. I sprinkled with season salt and a little pepper while it was cooking. I also cut the onion/celery/pepper in half as well as the ketchup mix. I didn't include bell pepper and it was great!"

8 chicken breasts
oil
1 med. onion chopped
1/3 cup celery chopped
1/3 cup green pepper chopped
1 c. ketchup
1 c. water
2 T worcestershire sauce
2 T brown sugar
salt to taste
garlic salt to taste

1. Cook chicken either by pan frying or broiling. Arrange in casserole dish.
2. Saute onions, celery and green pepper in oil until tender.
3. Mix ketchup, water, sugar, worcestershire sauce, salt and garlic in pan and bring to boil
4. Add onions, celery and green pepper to ketchup mixture and pour over chicken.
5. Cover with foil and bake 1 hour at 350*.

*Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.

0 comments: