Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year :: Five New Recipe Trials

I tried 5 new recipes the first week of January and only three were worth sharing. Thankful to have a family that let's me experiment like this & indulges (or digests) my hobby.

All recipes were from Martha Stewart's "Great Food Fast" book. I love this book because it guides you to eat seasonally. One of the best things you can do for your immune system, overall energy & health.

Here is my quick review. You can google the recipe easily, if you're interested in trying.

#1 Mushroom Tart - Excellent. Great for entertaining. We had it for dinner. (see post)

#2 Garlic-Roasted Chicken & Broccoli Rabe- Excellent. Full of flavor, mild in spice & easy. (see post)

#3 Enchiladas with Pumpkin Sauce - Good. Must like pumpkin. I would probably use less puree & 2x more cheese next time. I enjoyed it, my husband didn't.

#4 Crispy Apricot Pork Chops - Blah. Dry & not much flavor.

#5 Baked Shells with Winter Squash - Attempted to make, but was missing squash so I didn't follow recipe at all. The result? A great new pasta bake invention. (see post "baked shells carbonara).

0 comments: