Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Linguine with Sausage & Peppers by M. Lazaro

Oh, yum! This was delicious, light, easy AND fast! I just modified {see brackets} the "Everyday Food" recipe and it was a smash hit! Only took 15 minutes!

Coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
1lb linguine {I adapted to what our family eats- 1/3 bag & used whole wheat spaghetti b/c I didn't have linguine on hand}
1lb turkey sausage {I use chicken apple sausage from trader joes}
6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced {I used a teaspoon of canned, minced garclic}
4 yellow or red bell peppers thinly chopped {I used yellow and only 1 for a family of 4 - depends on how much you like these}
4 T butter {I used only 1.5T}
4 C argula {I used a 1/4C b/c that's all my garden had}

1. in a large pot boil pasta.
2. while pasta is cooking, cook sausage + 2T water *covered* in a non-stick pan over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Uncover, raise heat to med-hi. Brown the sausage, breaking it up w/ a spoon, about 7 minutes
3. Add the garlic, bell peppers and 1/4 C of the pasta water; cook until peppers soften about 6 minutes. Add 3/4C pasta water AND butter; swirl to combine.
4. Transfer drained pasta to sausgage/peppers. Add argula, salt & pepper (to taste) and toss; Simmer for 2 minutes. Add more pasta water as desired.
4.

0 comments: